Thursday, February 10, 2011

26. Read an autobiography, a memoir, or a biography

A horrible sad (and somewhat disgusting) book about a young boy's crazy parents and the life they thrust upon him. This book is just depressing -- there is no "I Shall Overcome" ending. It is what it is.. but I am not sure of the point in sharing his experiences in a memoir -- unless it is to let the rest of the world know how bad it really can be and to remind us that our lives are no where near as bad as we think they are.
I do not recommend it to others.. it goes into graphic detail of his supposed introduction into "gay sex" at the age of 13 by his 30+ year old boyfriend. And it just literally makes me sick to my stomach to think that no one was there to help this child. I may have to read another autobiography, memoir, or biography just to get this one out of my head!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 101 things in 1001 days 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates