Wednesday, January 19, 2011

24. Read 10 new children's books

By "new" children's books I mean new to me. :-) My friend (and former Kindergarten teacher) Helen Rawlings told me about this book that she read to her 3rd graders. I love Andrew Clements's children's books -- Frindle is my all time favorite -- so I was anxious to read this one.
The main characters are Mark and Mr. Maxwell one of his teachers. Mark is a rich kid who has moved around a lot. He ends up in New Hampshire for the 2nd half of 5th grade -- while he is waiting to start his prestigious (boarding) prep school. Each year Mr. Maxwell takes the entire 5th grade on a camping trip to the State park.
Very suspenseful story... I just wish he hadn't ended it so abruptly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 101 things in 1001 days 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates